Why is the Census important?
- Our cities and towns depend on your household to respond so that our communities get their fair share of federal funding and representation for the resources we need.
- Much of the funding that comes from the Census count helps the most vulnerable among us.
- Most Boston and Cambridge communities are at risk of an undercount. We need a complete and accurate count because all everyone in our cities and towns deserve to be seen, heard and invested in!
- It will impact our communities for the next 10 years!
How can I respond to the 2020 Census?
Who should respond to the 2020 Census?
- Everyone! Whether you rent or own your home, whether you were born here or you just got here, whether you are a senior citizen or a newborn baby, you count equally in our democracy and we need to make sure you and everyone in your household is counted.
- IMPORTANT: Responses to the 2020 Census are safe, secure, and protected by federal law. Your answers can only be used to produce statistics and cannot be used against you by any government agency or court. The Census Bureau can’t share your personal information with DHS, law enforcement, or your landlord until 72 years have passed. It will not affect any public benefits you receive.