YOU CAN STILL REGISTER TO VOTE FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION UNTIL OCTOBER 25th!
Primary – September 1st, 2020
General – November 3rd, 2020
By now if you are a registered voter in Massachusetts you should have received a vote-by-mail application. On those applications you could indicate whether you wanted to vote-by-mail for the Primary, General or both elections. If you intend to vote-by-mail for both elections here is what you need to know:
- The deadline to apply to early vote by mail for the primary is Wednesday August 26th, 2020.
- The deadline to apply to early vote by mail for the general is Wednesday October 28th, 2020.
**If you have NOT received a vote by mail application you can fill out the application HERE**
Once you have completed your application and sent it back you will receive a mail-in ballot with prepaid postage. Here is what you need to know:
- The deadline to submit early voting by mail ballots for the primary is September 1st, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- The deadline to submit early voting by mail ballots for the general is November 6th, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- They must be postmarked by November 3rd, 2020.
- Voters may return their early voting by mail ballots in the mail, in a secure drop-box, or in person.
**I highly recommend you try and submit or mail your ballots prior to the election days in order to ensure it gets there in time**
Early Voting In-Person
If you wish to vote in-person please know that new public health safeguards have been put in place including social distancing of voters and elections officers, face coverings and PPE, and sanitary use of marking pens. If you want to vote early in-person here is what you need to know:
- The dates to vote early (7 days) in the primary are Saturday, August 22nd, 2020 to Friday, August 28th, 2020.
- The dates to vote early (14 days) in the general are Saturday, October 17th, 2020 to October 30th, 2020.
- You can check this website at a later date for more specific early in-person voting information.
- Once early voting has passed your last opportunity to vote is on election day.
**If you apply to vote-by-mail but DO NOT end up mailing your ballot you can still go in-person to vote**
Once you have submitted your ballot you can track it HERE.
Click HERE for Voting by Mail FAQ.